I was pleasantly surprised and very honored to discover that I was nominated by Terri from Conceivable Dream for the One Lovely Blog Award. Terri, I am humbled by your acknowledgment and excited for this opportunity to share my world through this little space of mine. ::Insert humbly smiling emoji here:: Thank you Terri! I look forward to following your journey through motherhood.
The One Lovely Blog Award consists of the following “rules”:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award. Done.
- Add One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog. Woohoo.
- Share 7 facts or things about yourself. Coming up.
- Nominate 7 bloggers you admire. In a bit.
So, now that we know the rules, here are a few things about me, Big Nugget:
- I am completely struggling to find something to share about myself right now. I’m hoping that by simply writing what is running through my mind will help me get out of this writer’s block that I am currently in. I am listening to some deliciously relaxing music by Jason Mraz, and now, see me come back to life….
- # 1 is exactly how I talk myself through anxious, frustrating, angering, and pretty much any negative or difficult situation. I had a transient ischemic attack (“mini-stroke”) in August, and after my recovery from that I made a decision to better my internal living situations. I must say that it hasn’t been easy, but it has been completely worth it. Writing has played a major role in my improvement.
- My favorite trails to mountain bike are located in Big Bear, Ca. I haven’t ridden too many trails, but Big Bear is a magical place to ride in the summer time. The scenery at the top of that hill you just climbed justifies all the sweat drops you pushed through to get there.
- I love labor! I don’t say this often (ok maybe I do), but I really do look forward to labor. My experience with Little Nugget was such a positive time full of personal, emotional, and mental growth. I learned what my body is capable of and proved it when I held Little Nugget in my arms for the first time. Because of this, I fell in love with childbirth.
- I can live off of sandwiches. Josh can confirm this. My appreciation for sandwiches came from watching my older brother make some bomb sandwiches when we were younger. He would pull out whatever was in the fridge, whatever sounded like it would taste good between two pieces of bread. Hands down, they were some of the best sandwiches I’ve ever had.
- My very first career goal was to become an animal trainer. I momentarily attended the University of California in Santa Barbara where my major was Zoology. Fast forward to now, I am working to become a certified childbirth educator through the International Childbirth Education Association (ICEA). My long term goal is to become a midwife with my very own birthing center. I’m dreaming big.
- I strongly believe in the beauty of obstacles. It may just sound like something corny for me to say, and I agree, but if there is anything that God has helped me understand is that at the end of any negative there will be a positive. Always.
And now, I nominate:
- The Buzz With Bee
- Mindy Minix
- Bucketlist Publications
- All the Sunny Mummy Days
- Mom of Twin Angels
- & 7. Unfortunately, I am two shy of seven.
To those that I nominated, I apologize if you have already been nominated.
I would like to also take this time to extend a sincere and heartfelt thank you to all of you who read and/or follow my blog. I don’t expect anyone to read my blog, and am completely humbled when I find out that people actually read what I have to say. You are a big part of what motivates me to keep writing. To keep doing what I love. Thank you!
Cheers to people who believe in you!