What an honor! I am humbled and proud to be a part of this blogging community that has been extremely supportive and kind to this full-time-working-blogging momma who is trying to pour some of her heart and soul into her space for others to share with her.
A heartwarming thank you goes out to the lovely Sachie who exquisitely runs Everyday Ramblings. I recommend her blog for inspirational quotes, real life stories about women she encounters that will make you appreciate life, and for her beautiful rants that “defend the silver lining”. This sweet soul has nominated me for the Liebster Award which was created to, as learned from Sachie’s nominating post, “recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere”.
Man, can this “blogosphere” be overwhelming with so many amazing writers to read, follow, and try my best to support. I’m so grateful to WordPress’ Blogging 101 because it has helped me strengthen my blogging potential through ways I wouldn’t have known how to on my own.
So, how does this award work? According to the rules:
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you. Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you. Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, copy these rules in the post.
- Bumblebeelullabies – This beautiful momma initially found me on Instagram, and I’m happy she did because I was able to link up with her blog. She writes about her journey through motherhood advocating for breastfeeding and loving on her gorgeous daughter, Violet.
- The Buzz with Bee – This wonderful woman is full of passion and love for the world, especially animals. I follow her on Instagram, so I know that she’s been fulfilling the wanderlust in her. I’m hoping that this nomination serves as an inspiration for her to share some of those adventures. 😉 I am itching to hear about them!
- Follow the Tumble Lees – A blog about a couple that has had their trials and tribulations, but have succeeded with the help of God. They have gone from having a lot to becoming minimalist, full-time RVers. I am so excited to be following their journey because I’ve already learned so much about how to begin my own journey towards minimalism.
- Unorganised Chaos – A 23 year old’s “record of [her] attempts at being a grown up”. I have taken a real liking to this young lady’s blog because reading her posts make me feel nostalgic and help me realize that it doesn’t matter my age, trying to figure out life and become a grown up can and does happen at any point in life.
- Life is a Ryatt – Another fellow momma that helps me remember that I am not alone on this journey through motherhood. The first post I read is titled, “Sacrifice and Remembering My Former Self”. Man, the title alone resonated with me. Moms need to stick together to lift each other up, and I get that from following this momma.
My questions to answer:
- What are you most proud of? Little Nugget. That’s so mother of me, I know.
- If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be right now? Riding my bicycle on the mountains of Big Bear, Ca.
- What is the best thing about you? I’d like to think it’s my sense of humor.
- What makes a friend? The power to agree to disagree and still be able to love/appreciate/respect the person.
- What has made you smile today? Seeing my husband, my son, and my parents.
- What is your favorite song and why? “So High” by John Legend because it takes me back to when my husband and I first started dating.
- What inspires you? Positive people.
- What is your fondest memory from your childhood? Walking to Foster’s Freeze with my parents and little brother on a hot summer night to enjoy ice cream together.
- What is your favorite dessert of all time? Cheesecake and/or strawberry ice cream.
- What is your least favorite chore to do? Laundry.
- If you could hug anyone right now, who would it be? Little Nugget. I can never hug him enough.
I love watching “Inside the Actor’s Studio”, so I might have cheated a little bit and taken 10 of my 11 questions from the Pivot Questionnaire. My questions to ask:
- What is your favorite word?
- What is your least favorite word?
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
- What turns you off?
- What is your favorite curse word?
- What sound or noise do you love?
- What sound or noise do you hate?
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
- What profession would you not like to do?
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
- What inanimate object comes to mind when you think of the color blue?
There it is. Thank you once again to Sachie for the nomination, and to you for stopping by and reading.
Cheers to a beautiful community!