**The following is my personal opinion. Munchkin is not paying me for this review.**
Before Little Nugget was born, we thought that wipe warmers were silly and more of a luxury than a necessity. It wasn’t until we experienced Little Nugget’s shrieks when being cleaned with cold wipes that we decided a wipe warmer was definitely a luxury, but also a necessity for our baby.
We used the Prince Lionheart Wipe Warmer with Little Nugget. We noticed a big difference when the wipes were warm as opposed to cold.
With the experience we had with Little Nugget and because we were having another November baby—this meant another round of winter diaper changes—we chose to purchase another wipe warmer for our second Nugget. (We had already passed our Prince Lionheart wiper warmer along.)
With Target gift cards in hand, I went shopping with the intention to buy the Prince Lionheart warmer since I had experience with it already. To my surprise, the only warmer they had in-store was the Munchkin Warm Glow Baby Wipe Warmer.
This review is on Munchkin’s Warm Glow wipe warmer. This wiper warmer is a low-voltage box-looking unit that stores and warms wipes used to clean your baby during a diaper change.
The Munchkin’s wiper warmer has a convenient flip-top lid, sliding side locks, a built-in window, and a night-light to help with the diaper changes. According to Munchkin, the warmer stores 100 standard wipes.
Aesthetically, I would describe the unit as “chunky” because…well, it’s chunky. I don’t know how else to describe it. If we were comparing it to heels, it would definitely be wedges and not stilettos. It has rounded edges, so the box is softer-looking, and it only comes in white with green accents.
Who are they (the company)?
I’m almost confident that you’ve heard of Munchkin, but if you haven’t, they are a company that develops innovative and modern products for babies and children. Feeding, safety, potty, bath, travel, nursery, and apparel products, the Munchkin name is a trusted brand that can be found anywhere family products are sold.
Why use them (the company)?
I have personally interacted with Munchkin. I gained the confidence to say that they are a trustworthy company after my first experience with them. I had reached out to Munchkin to communicate some concerns about another product of theirs (not the warmer) I had purchased. The ease of communicating with the Munchkin customer service team was a relief. Munchkin understands that we are parents, which means we might have children crying in the background, which means…help now!
How did I hear about them (the company)?
Once I became pregnant, it was rare not to hear about Munchkin. Munchkin products are everywhere and recommended by many experienced parents.
How often do I use this product?
I used this wipe warmer everyday until Z Nugg could no longer be changed on the changing table. (Oh squirmy babies!) After I moved her changing station to the floor, Z Nugg was old enough to handle a cold wipe on her booty without fussing. Plus, we live in SoCal and our “cold” months don’t stick around for too long. I used it for a solid five months.
- My number one ‘pro’ about this wipe warmer is that it is easy to use. It doesn’t require the user to purchase anything extra. I mention this because the Prince Lionheart wipe warmer we had required the purchase of a “replacement pillow” to avoid browning and retain moisture. The less trips to the store the better!
- This wipe warmer is low voltage, so the unit never felt hot, and it still warmed the wipes just enough. It also never discolored or dried out the wipes.
- The warmer’s chunky and simple design make it very easy to clean and refill.
- I appreciate the flip-top lid because it is convenient to open when dealing with an explosion.
- The built-in window is a small detail that I think many parents will appreciate, too. The window—located on the front—allowed me to see if I needed to refill the warmer before I began tackling a dirty diaper. Any parent will agree, running out of wipes in the middle of cleaning an explosion off of your baby is quite possibly the WORST timing.
- According to Munchkin, the warmer fits 100 standard wipes. Although I never counted how many wipes comfortably fit, I do know that if you put too many in there, it will be nearly impossible to take out one wipe without ripping it to pieces. This isn’t necessarily a ‘con’ (and it might seem obvious), but I think it’s worth noting.
- I found the easy-access “night light” useless. It’s a cool concept, but it is just as Munchkin describes, “a warm glow”. The light is too dull to accurately and completely wipe a midnight poop, so I never used it.
Suggestions for the product (if any):
I have two suggestions for this product. One, I’d suggest making the “night light” brighter in order for it to serve its purpose. Two, I’d suggest Munchkin to make the wipe warmer in other colors. Personally, I don’t care if everything in my room matches, but I know that there are other parents that determine their purchases based on color availability.
You can contact Munchkin by phone, email, or mail.
Phone: 800-344-2229 and their customer service hours are M-F 7 am to 5 pm (PST).
7835 Gloria Avenue
Van Nuys, CA 91406
Where can you purchase this company’s products?
Do you have any feedback?
Do you have any comments, questions, or concerns about what I wrote above? Please feel free to comment below or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from you.