Did you know I teach childbirth education?
My mission: To educate and empower parents-to-be by creating a safe, non-judgemental space to share knowledge and practice skills.
What are my classes about?
- My childbirth classes:
- aren’t about what to expect, but on how to free yourself of those expectations, identify any potential fears holding you back from enjoying this journey, all while receiving evidence-based information.
- are a mix of learning how to use what our environment provides along with our intuition and evidence-based techniques.
- provide tools to help you journey through pregnancy and transition into the beginning of a new chapter—parenthood.
- My classes teach:
- the anatomy & physiology of the female body
- the power and closeness of partners sharing the birth experience
- tips on how the birthing partner can support mom during labor
- signs and stages of labor
- pain-coping techniques
- physiological childbirth
- the hormone cocktail mom undergoes during labor
- necessary vs. unnecessary interventions and how they are used
- emotional and mental preparation for childbirth
- positions that can be used during labor and pushing (classes provide time to practice them too)
- daily relaxation practices
Who am I, and what do I believe in?
- I am a wife and mother of two children. I found my passion in childbirth when I was pregnant with my first in 2012. I was blessed to have support from all angles during both of my pregnancies, and this inspired me to provide that for other mothers-to-be and their partners.
- I believe in:
- the importance of the involvement of both the mother-to-be and her labor partner, whether that be her husband, wife, best friend, or grandma.
- pregnancy being a time to solidify important relationships to better navigate the upcoming addition to your life.
- starting to build a village before the birth a your baby.
- teaching evidence-based information, providing tools, and practicing skills in order to help mother and labor partner be as confident as possible before, during, and after labor.
- practicing stress-relieving techniques in the circle* as well as encourage mother-to-be and her labor team to practice at home.
- making meaningful contact with people. Everyone has energy, and the more we use and exchange the positive energy from our experiences, the more we can learn and excel.
- doing what works for the family and respecting each other despite any differences.
When and where are classes held?
There are 4 classes in a series. First series begin:
August 15th – 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
August 17th – 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
If you have any questions about pricing, private in-home classes, or when to sign up for classes please email me at email@example.com.
Don’t need me as a teacher? Consider my photography services—I’m also available to document your pregnancy and/or parenting journey.